50+ Reasons Why Saber Golf Trainer is the Best!
The Saber Golf Trainer was invented by one of the best instructors in the world!
Here are a few bullet points on what makes inventor and owner of Saber Sports Trainer, Craig Hocknull one of the best coaches in the world. We believe that this combination of achievements is unique to Craig alone:
Craig is a member of three world recognized PGA's which we believe is unique to Craig.
• PGA of America advanced certified in Teaching and in Player Development
• PGA of Australia advanced certified in Teaching and Coaching
• PGA of Canada Class A member
Craig is one of only a handful of people in the world who has successfully made the transition to being a full time touring professional on several world recognized PGA Tours after a 12 year career as a PGA Club professional.
• PGA Tour Final Stage Q-School - 2011
• Web.Com Tour Member - 2012, 2013
• PGA Tour Latin America Member - 2012, 2013,
• PGA Tour Canada Member - 2011, 2012, 2013
Craig is a highly awarded and nationally recognized golf coach being featured in all three of his PGA member national publications throughout his career.
• Southwest PGA Teacher of the Year - 2014
• Southwest PGA Player Development Professional of the Year - 2014
• Southwest PGA Youth Player Development Professional of the Year - 2013
• Southwest PGA Player of the Year - 2013
Craig Hocknull is an outstanding coach and player which puts him in a class that includes the best of the best in the world of teaching. Very few instructors have been able to achieve the level of play Craig has achieved and this equips him to coach tour players. Here is a list of
Craig's most recent victories.
• 2017 Southwest PGA Professional Championship
• 2017 PGA Tour Waste Management Phoenix Open Participant
• 2016 PGA of Canada Club Professional National Championship
• 2016 Southwest PGA Section Championship
• 2013 Arizona Open Championship
• 2013 Southwest PGA Matchplay Championship
• 2011 Southwest PGA Professional Championship
The Saber is the ultimate golf training aid because of these extremely important reasons.
• The Saber does everything that most of the best training aides in the golf industry do all wrapped up in one training tool.
• The Saber is made in the USA and is extremely strong and high quality. We warranty our Saber for the lifetime of the product.
• The Saber is made from the highest quality components on the market and is build to be used in hundreds of different ways from golf fundamental training to golf fitness training.
Here is our list of 50 ways that the Saber Golf Trainer will help golfers of all ages and ability levels.
What does the Saber help you to achieve?
- The Saber helps to develop efficiency of motion while developing strength and speed using fundamentally correct and bio-mechanically efficient athletic movement patterns.
- The Saber golf training library of videos is perfect for at home training and the study of fundamentally correct golf swing movement patterns. You can easily view all of the training videos purchased and free right from any mobile device.
- The timing mechanism will help you to feel the top of your backswing by feeling and hearing where parallel is.
- The heavy end of the Saber assists to warm up prior to play or practice quickly and easily.
- The heavy end of the Saber will help you to build strength which is the equivalent of 2 to 3 clubs at one time (2.0 or LD models). (Kids, 1.0 and 1.5 are slightly heavier than a club)
- The light end of the Saber will help you to develop speed.
- By alternating from the heavy end to the light end of the Saber will help you to improve your power. This over-load / under-load training principal is achieved by training with both ends of the Saber.
- The square shape of the Saber is the perfect grip trainer for both left-handed and right-handed golfers of all ages and sizes.
- The square shape of the Saber helps to develop a correct wrist hinge and club set for right handed and left handed golfers of all ages and ability levels.
- The square shape of the Saber helps with development of a correct wrist release through impact while you are working on your strength and speed.
- A square shape of the Saber helps you to understand and feel proper pronation and supination of the wrists and forearms through the impact zone.
- The square shape of the Saber helps you to understand and feel the correct swing path and understand the difference between in-to-out and out-to-in swing paths.
- The square shape of the Saber helps you to understand and feel the difference between swinging over the top and swinging from the inside.
- The square shape of the Saber will help you to understand and feel what shallowing out the swing plane means and how to find your unique swing plane.
- The square shape of the Saber combined with the timing mechanism will help you to feel a steep angle of attack verses a shallow angle of attack.
- The square shape of the Saber helps you to understand and feel how to control your clubs to create all 9 ball flights. This is achieved by training combinations of swing path, swing plane and angle of attack as well as understanding D Plane.
- The square shape of the Saber helps you to understand and feel how to deliver a “hammer down” release of energy directly onto the power line which builds accurate distance.
- The square shape of the Saber trains your wrist release correctly to eliminate flipping and rolling which leads to snap hooks, topped shots and chunks.
- The square shape of the Saber in combination with the visual indicator stripe will reveal the manipulations that you are making which lead to poor accuracy.
- The square shape of the Saber helps you to develop a symmetrical backswing and follow through and understand why symmetry is important.
- The square shape of the Saber helps you to understand how to achieve and maintain a square club face at impact.
- The timing mechanism helps you to feel the difference between an upright and shallow swing plane.
- The timing mechanism helps you to achieve the most efficient and powerful backswing length unique to you.
- The timing mechanism helps you to understand and train athletic sequence which helps you to feel and utilize ground reaction forces.
- The timing mechanism combined with the heavy and light ends of the Saber helps you to understand and feel athletic weight shift.
- The timing mechanism helps you to understand, feel and train where, when and how to deliver power in the golf swing.
- The timing mechanism combined with the double handle design of the Saber helps you to understand spine angle and to feel changes dynamically.
- The timing mechanism helps you to understand and develop a bio-mechanically correct wrist set by understanding anatomical neutral and how the body is designed to load and release energy.=
- The visual indicator stripe helps you to see the proper swing plane during static positions and dynamic movement patterns.
- The visual indicator stripe helps you to see a bio-mechanically correct wrist set and release throughout the back-swing, down swing transition, through the impact zone and into the follow-through position.
- The visual indicator stripe helps you to see and feel a one piece takeaway and proper backswing position.
- The visual indicator stripe helps you to see a square club face position and proper rotation through impact and into the follow through.
- The visual indicator stripe helps you to understand and feel a square position at impact.
- The ball position indicator on the sidewall of the Saber helps you to understand a single or moving ball position for every club in the bag.
- The ball position indicator on the sidewall of the Saber helps you to develop a consistent set up which builds consistency in your golf swing.
- A white dots on the second sidewall of the Saber provides a measurement for stretches that are designed to improve your golf swing and general flexibility.
- The white dots on the second side wall of the Saber can be used for learning a better putting stroke length.
- The white dots on the second side wall of the Saber can be used to personalize stance width.
- The double handle Saber helps with hundreds of stretching and strengthening exercises which can be learned by watching the Saber Fit video series.
- The double handed Saber when placed over your shoulders will help you to understand and feel a correct body rotation.
- The double handed Saber when placed over your shoulders will help you to understand and feel a correct athletic weight shift.
- The Saber can be used as an alignment aid and replaces alignment rods in your bag that typically splinter or break.
- The square shape of the Saber allows for placement under your trail leg for the training and feeling of proper load on the backswing leg.
- The square shape of the Saber allows for placement under your lead leg for the training and feeling of proper posting and forward rotation during the follow-through.
- The white dots and ball position indicators can be positioned in your stance to measure and reproduce proper ball position with regard to stance distance from the ball.
- Off-season or indoor training with the Saber is fantastic because the Saber provides immediate feedback and the fact that you do not need to strike a ball with it you can swing it anywhere from the living room to the beach. (Please be aware of your surroundings and be safe)
- For junior golfers under 12 years old the Saber is an excellent tool for developing an athletic golf swing in a nontraditional way. Utilizing the Saber and a soccer ball to play a game that we call GOALF is an outstanding way to learn how to PLAY THE GAME OF GOLF while learning etiquette and rules of golf.
- On the Saber Kids Golf Trainer and Saber Golf Trainer 1.0 has a pre-shot an in swing routine written on the side wall of the Saber. This routine helps beginner golfers learn the process and motion of the golf swing.
- Owners of the Saber have access to our professional team which serves you by helping with unique problem solving tips.
- Saber Golf Trainer Certified professionals from around the globe can be contacted to set up personal training sessions to help you accomplish your training goals.
Saber Sports Trainer Training Aid Partners
Saber Sports Trainer has partnered with Blast Motion to have the Blast sensor and Saber work together to enhance swing training for both baseball and golf.